MK Standing Pilates
MK Standing Pilates Programme is a license free group movement workout combining exercises inspired by Ballet and Pilates and Stretch Classes and repertoires.
In partnership with Stroops we bring you the slastix resistant bands which are a great tool to challenge the upper body whilst doing the movements . In this programme the movements focus on alignment, conditioning and stretch. This program is for everybody and combines some standing Pilates work, as well as some Ballet moves that work to give you beautiful, sculpted, lean muscles – without the impact and injuries dancers often have to endure.
The resistance from the bands added to this programme are used not only as a prop to help balance while doing exercises but also bring increased focus on alignment, general conditioning and stretch. This program is for everybody and if you can contact us for more information about the technical requirements of the installation of the bands.
Each class programme we develop offers new music and choreographic combinations and movements to work with.
We have many ways you can become a Standing Pilates Instructor with us, either by taking one of the workshops we run in many of our international centres or, if you would prefer, take the option of our distance learning programmes.
The Training Day - You receive a manual to download once you have completed the full payment of course fees. After the training day, you will be given permanent full online access to videos of the class program and access to the music for you to download. You will be assessed on the day and receive a Certificate of Achievement upon successful assessment.
- Breakdown of Combinations
- Safety and Effective Teaching Skills
- The Class Programme and Music
- Course Handbook and Workbook
- Certificate of Achievement *
- (Face to Face) Evaluation on the day made by the tutor.
- (Distance Learning) Requires video submission which will incur an additional assessment fee.
* Certificate of Achievement. If you wish to receive this certificate, then there are two opportunities for assessment.
You are not required to be a Pilates or Dance teacher to attend this programme but those that have a Pilates certification and or a Dance or Group Exercise background will recognise references to the existing teaching skills and movements.
Recommended but not limited too:
- Exercise to Music (E.T.M.) or equivalent.
- Dance Teacher Qualification or equivalent.
- Experience with the concept of teaching movement to music phrasing.
After you have purchased your first programme and you have been assessed you may buy any previous or new programme upon its release, receive the new Workbook, music and class programme video specific to the that programme.
- You will be able to deliver the MK Pilates Standing Pilates Programme class anywhere
- Have a training manual, a license free Music and Class Programme specific to each class
- Able to purchase any marketing materials
- You will be listed on the MK Pilates Web Site as a certified MK Pilates Standing Pilates instructor
- Able to buy clothes and supporting branded products.