MK Pilates Handii Programmes
What is Handii?
Handii is a small piece of equipment that allows you to effectively train the hand, wrist, forearm and elbow to improve strength and dexterity, and to both prevent and recover from injury.
Handii brings the muscles of the forearm back into balance by strengthening the extensors of the wrist and forearm, as well as improving grip strength and mobility in this area. Working this group of muscles has a significant benefit for those suffering from elbow tendonitis, carpal tunnel and repetitive strain issues by reducing pain and in some instances, eradicating this condition.
This patented product is crafted from carefully selected silicone and moulded into a circular shape. Handii comes in 4 colours, increasing from light to higher tensions and resistance strengths.
MK Pilates Programme
MK Pilates has developed a series of pre or post exercise mobility and stretch set exercises and present an option of a group class format for the introduction of Handii to all class levels and ages of participants. Specifically suitable for sport people in discipline like tennis, gold, climbing or a person working many hours on a keyboard or a more mature adult looking to keep your strength and flexibility, Handii is the tool for you!
We have different ways you can become a Handii Instructor with us, either by taking one of the workshops we run in many of our international centres or, if you would prefer, take the option of our distance learning programmes.
- Breakdown of Combinations
- Safety and Effective Teaching Skills
- The Class Programme (3 Videos) and Music (6 Tracks)
- Course Manual (64 pages)
- Handii 4 Pack included in workshop. Shipping fulfilled by Handii Products (Please allow upto 14 days for delivery).
- Certificate of Achievement *
- (Face to Face) Evaluation on the day made by the tutor.
- (Distance Learning) Requires video submission which will incur an additional assessment fee.
* Certificate of Achievement. If you wish to receive this certificate, then there are two opportunities for assessment.
- Martial Arts
- Health & Rehab
- At Work
Once Certified: *
- You will be able to deliver the MK Pilates Handii Programme class or any individual exercise included in this programme
- Have a training manual, a license free Music and Class Programme specific to each class
- You will be listed on the MK Pilates Web Site as a certified MK Pilates Handii instructor
* Please contact MK Pilates for information on how to get Certified.
(each color can also be doubled over to create extra resistance)
Yellow - Extra Light Resistance
Starting point for those with reduced range of motion or functionality; ideal for post-surgical rehabilitation or stroke patients
Red - Light Resistance
Ideal for physical therapy, as well as for those with carpal tunnel syndrome or arthritis
Green - Medium Resistance
More resistance for preventive care exercise; perfect for computer users and those who play a musical instrument
Blue - Heavy Resistance
For those who wish to further strengthen their grip, forearms and fingers; mountain climbers, weightlifters, golfers and other athletes