After you have completed your Reformer Stage 02 Course you will only receive a Certificate of Achievement upon completion of the Assessment Processes.
Practical Self Analysis Video
The primary method for assessment requires you to perform a 30 minute (minimum) or 60 minute (maximum) session using the Reformer. This session should be tailored to your own bodies needs and abilities and at the levels that can be achieved at present with your own level of the method at present.
You are required to video the session and then review yourself and your session in the form of a written self-assessment.
During the session, you should go through a varied and comprehensive list of the movements offered on the Reformer apparatus:
Full range of options from the repertoire to show safe functional usage of the tool for mixed levels repertoire.
- Reformer – Foot Series developed
- Box Seated, Side and Prone
- Footbar - Shoulder Bridge developed
- Semi Circles
- Feet in Straps, Short Spinal/Slices/Circles
- Straps in Hands - Kneeling, seated, supine - single arm and/or double arms variations
- Knee Stretch developed / GUN, Floor standing movements
- Box Developed: Swan Dive, Side Bends, Climb Tree etc.
Once completed you should have been seen doing the following:
- Foot Bar Developed – Supine and Prone, Feet and Hand variations
- Foot Strap work developed past Reformer 1 variations
- Hand Strap work developed from Reformer 1 variations
- BOX – variations and developed from Reformer Stage 01
The video will be uploaded to your MK Pilates Account. Paperwork is scanned and uploaded to your own free Dropbox.com account and a link sent to your training provider. (full instructions are available for the process of uploading to Dropbox and creating the link to send). Video files must be below 500mb in size – instructions available.
Paperwork and Written self-assessment.
- A review and record of what was completed on the video. We strongly recommend that you spend a few sessions yourself in advance of the video to ensure you are familiar with the logistics of the Reformer apparatus.
- A full review of your video session and a projection of what you have learned and what if any changes you might make after observing yourself moving and working with the Pilates Method.
Upon acknowledge receipt of valid links to documentation and video evidence MK Pilates will assess your submission and your results will be with you with 14 days of that acknowledgement. Video quality: You are required to use one position only for the camera that allows us to see both yourself and the client always, especially if you take them to the floor. Full audio is required. If we are unable to see or hear clearly, we may ask you to redo the video submission.