What is MK Barre
MK Barre Programme is a license free group movement workout combining exercises inspired by Ballet and Pilates and Stretch Classes and repertoires.
The movements focus on alignment, conditioning and stretch. This program is for everybody and combines Pilates,
and Ballet moves to give you beautiful, sculpted, lean muscles – without the impact and injuries dancers
often have to endure. The other equally important aspect of Barre is the mental and physical focus it demands
while, at the same time, you are having a fun.
The Barre is used as a prop to balance while doing exercises that focus on alignment, conditioning and stretch. This program is for everybody and if you do not have access to a Barre then a stable chair is a very practical substitute.
For any teacher one of the challenges is to stay current and innovative at the same time for both your own and the
class participant’s enjoyment and benefits. As one of the hottest fitness trends right now this Barre programme
offers you the chance to have busy classes now and in the future as Barre has existed as long as Ballet and will
continue to achieve results for all ages and groups.
Each class programme we develop offers new music and choreographic combinations and movements to work with.
Face to Face Learning
- Course Handbook and Workbook
- A Class Programme
- Licensed Music
- Breakdown of Combinations
- Safety and Effective Teaching Skills
- Assessment Guidelines
Certificate of Achievement
There are two opportunities for assessment.
- (Face to Face) Evaluation on the day made by the tutor.
- (Distance Learning) Requires video submission.
Included Languages - English (Please contact us to talk about available translations)
You are not required to be a Pilates or Dance teacher to join this Barre programme. If you teach Barre already but not with MK Pilates again please send us your certificate.
Recommended but not limited too:
- Exercise to Music (E.T.M.) or equivalent.
- Dance Teacher Qualification or equivalent.
- Experience with the concept of teaching movement to music phrasing.
After joining your first programme.
- You need to be assessed so please practice and learn the choreography.
- When you are ready you will need to upload a video of you teaching Barre either online or live with a small group. Unless your attending one of our live dates.
- For more details please contact us for more information.
- You will be able to deliver the MK Barre Programme class anywhere online and face to face
- Your first programme is included in your qualification materials
- Able to purchase previous or new programmes
- You will be listed on the MK Pilates Web Site as a certified MK Barre instructor
- Able to buy clothes and supporting branded products.
Is Teaching Barre right for you?
I'm new to Barre
I’m already a Qualified Barre Instructor
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Barre a Monthly Commitment / Subscription?
You do not need to commit to any recurring payments. As each new programme is released and you may buy it or any of the previous programme.
Does Barre give me access to any previous or new programme?
As each new programme needs to be purchased separately as you need to add new content to your classes.
Does the Barre Number / Version Matter?
Different music is included with each programme and the Barre choreography, music and supporting material are a complete packaged
What is the difference between Club Barre and Original Barre
Both programmes have the same concept and style of choreograph. As we changed music companies the style of music changed.
Can I just buy the Music?
Different music is included with each programme and the Barre coregraphy, music and supproting material are a complete packaged.